Welcome to St.Alban’s Episcopal Church!
Beginning Sunday, June 3 through Sunday, July 29, we will have just one service at 9:30 am. We will not have either Formation or Children’s Church during this time. We return to two services, 8:00 am and 10:30 am; Formation for adults and children at 9:30 am, and Children’s Church during the 10:30 am service, on Sunday, August 5.
Summer Church office hours begin Tuesday, May 29.
Monday-Thursday: 9:00 am-4:00 pm
We still have many dates available for altar flowers.
Please call the church office at 428-2305 to reserve your date!
May is Military National Appreciation month
Three years after the Civil War ended, on May 5, 1868, the head of an organization of Union veterans – the Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) – established Decoration Day as a time for the nation to decorate the graves of the war dead with flowers. Major General John A. Logan declared that Decoration Day should be observed on May 30. It is believed that date was chosen because flowers would be in bloom all over the country.
Ways you can honor our military:
- Say thank you: shake hands & simply say, “thank you” for your service.
- Help their loved ones: send flowers with a note, buy a meal & send at dinner time, pick their kids up at school. Helping a husband or wife is a small but memorable gesture to say ‘thanks’.
- If you’re a business owner: offer a military discount for current or prior military members.
- Send a care package: if you need to know how or where, please contact the church office.
- Please pray for our Troops, Veterans & all of their families.
CELEBRATE WITH US!
Join us Sundays at
8:00 am, 10:30 am - Worship
9:30 am Formation
St.Alban's Episcopal Church
1417 E Austin Ave
Harlingen, TX 78550